Jan 19, 2012

Happy Birthday, Blog!

 
Curly's First Birthday
Occasionally I hear the kids talking about the blog…sometimes good, sometimes bad. Princess hates to be embarrassed and the Prima Donna just takes it all in stride. Crafty and Sport just like to hear about themselves, and Curly loves seeing his own face. Sometimes I upset my sweetie (never on purpose!) like when I tell you that he cooked a dish with Brussels sprouts and the kids hated it. Yes, I paid dearly for that one… Most times he is a great sport and will even poke fun at himself for all the world to see. Remember all the stories about his pants?

So I asked each of the kids and grandkids and my sweetie, of course, to write me a couple of sentences about how they feel about the blog. That was pretty much the only prompt I gave them and each answer was completely unique, just like their personalities are. The cartoon was drawn by the Drama Queen…she has many hidden talents.

I hope you enjoy them and thanks for sharing this year with us. Happy Birthday, Blog! We will award the giveaway later tonight, sometime after midnight. You can comment here or there to be entered.

Sweetie--- I still worry about privacy, but I’m impressed by how nice the mommy blog community is compared to other online communities.  I love to read your writing but prefer long more developed and artistic works.

Bossy---I had a lot of fun helping Mom out with the blog in the beginning, but I am so glad she can do it (mostly) independently now that I am working. I think the blog is a good thing, I love reading the family history stories.

Gamer---Gamer declined to comment. I guess he is still mad at me for NOT inviting him over to sample the Brussels sprouts. Apparently they are his favorite vegetable…who knew?!


Bean Dip---Staying with his mom today so we didn’t get any input from him.

Taco---"Good thing." "All her pictures look good." I asked him what he thought about being in the pictures. He said, "I'll be soooo AWESOME!"

Burrito---"It’s awesome!"

Gym Rat---I think it’s fun letting the whole world know about my crazy little family. I feel like growing up around so many kids has given me a unique perspective on the world and I’m glad to know that some of the rest of the world can understand more what it’s like to live the way we do.

Drama Queen---I’m glad my mom started this blog.  Admittedly, the first I heard about it I was just a little OFFENDED because I’d created her a private blog that was supposed to be shared with all of our cousins but Mom couldn’t seem to want to write on it more than once a week.  I huffed a little, but promised to read.  Well…..I guess she proved my doubting Thomas wrong.  In some ways, this blog is like another child in our family.  It makes Mom stay up late, but then she’s up early with it the next day.  Sometimes we have to defend its cuteness/quirkiness/troublesomeness…Dad even yells at it occasionally for sharing his embarrassing moments.  One thing it’s got over the rest of us though?  No one ever calls it by the wrong name.  Happy birthday, TwelveMakesaDozen! 

Teach--- The day mom first told me she was starting a blog I didn’t think much of it. I was interested in hearing all of our pseudonyms, and I thought it would be a fun little adventure that would die out by April. Silly me. I love our blog! My favorite parts are the short anecdotes of hilariousness, the arranging of all my pictures, the family history that is forever written down, and the blogging community. I don’t love putting pictures in each night, but I’m ok with it. (: I’m proud of my mama and I’m happy she reached her goal. Hooray for blogging. Happy Birthday TMAD!

Dog Walker--- I would love to say happy birthday to the blog. I know that I don’t like to brag about who I am, but sometimes, I like to be in it to show off some cool things that I have done for the past year like my accomplishment on merit badges, and the marching band tour. Happy Birthday again, Twelve Makes a Dozen

Princess---I can’t believe we’ve been doing this for a year! It’s funny to see how…I haven’t changed at all! Anyway…my predictions for the blog this coming year? I have a feeling there will be a story about a first kiss, not sure whose ;) and somehow JN is going to get talked about one of these days. (Hope none of your friends read the blog, Princess, you just gave your crush away…)


Prima Donna---Happy birthday dear bloggy blogidy blog! It’s your big 0.1. I’m proud to say I’ve read (almost) 365 blog posts! I think I like the ones about me or things I experienced best because, it puts my life into another perspective. Also, I like the family history posts because I get to learn more about my mommy dearest or remember times of my own. I just all around love the blog, Happy Birthday Blog!!!!

Crafty--- My opinion about the blog is I love reading embarrassing stories which I’m happy to say are almost never about me, even though I’m very blonde. I love you, Mom.


Sport---My favorite part of the blog is the stories and the awesome pictures…especially the ones of me!

Scout--- Thank you for reading the blog. I am Scout. My favorite part is looking at the pictures when mom says something funny.

Curly---Curly fell asleep early and didn't get a chance to make his own comments. But I know he loves the blog. He gets so excited when it is about him...which if you ask the other kids, happens a bit too often. Maybe that's because he is so incredibly cute! (When I asked him this morning he said, "Me, all of me, the pictures of me!"  "And only me...")

Baby Doll---She is totally oblivious to the blog except when she wants attention. She can’t just stand by my leg and whine at me like everyone else…she will literally pull my hands from the keyboard until I focus totally on her.

Poor Teach, she is the unsung hero of the blog pictures...

19 comments:

Arkansas Patti said...

Happy Blogiversary. 365 is quite an accomplishment.
I just loved the kids comments and see that it definitely is a family project.
Keep them coming. Posts that is.

Julie Harward said...

Love the T shirts..cute! What did we do before blogging...not carry a camera around 24-7! LOL :D

Amanda said...

awesome! Happy Anniversary to your blog! It's is an amazing accomplishment! Can't wait to see what the next 365 have in store for TMAD!

Natalie Ockey said...

Happy Anniversary to your blog. Thanks for sharing so much about your family. We have loved reading all the fun stories!

Middle-aged Mormon Man said...

Congratulations to my prolific, fascinating contemporary. Time flies when you're writing it all down!

Marci said...

Woohoo! Happy blogoversary! A whole year! It was fun to see everybodies thoughts about the blog! I hope 2012 is a good year for your blog (and your family!)

ShanaM said...

LOVE the t-shirts. Happy Anniversary!

Jennifer said...

Love this post! happy Blogiversary!

Unknown said...

Happy Blogiversary! I loved reading all the different comments from your family...what a great idea! Wishing you more blogiversaries to come ;)

www.yeewittlethings.blogspot.com

Cher said...

Happy Birthday!!! Congrats!! Here's to another great year ahead!!!

Saimi said...

Love those shirts!! Great idea to interview everyone, I love their comments!!

Happy Anniversary to your Blog!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, TMAD! Congratulations on making it this far.

Tracie said...

Happy Blogiversary to the woman who kept me motiviated when I was going to give up on mine. I look up to you in more ways than one. Thank you for sharing your family with us.

mCat said...

Well Happy Birthday TMAD!! Here's to many more years of fun

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Congratulations on a year!!! I loved reading your kid's comments. How wonderful they'll have these stories too look back on.

Great cartoon too. Isn't that too true!

So nice to know you Sandy. :)

Crystal Pistol said...

Happy anniversary! Your blog is lots of fun. I don't know how you do it but I'm glad you do so we read about it! :)

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Cute post! Happy Blogiversary!

Melanie said...

I LOVE THE DRAWING! LOVE IT! And SO TRUE! I've been blogging for over 4 years now. The kids have grown out of being excited about it. But...they do still say..."are you going to blog about that?"

Anonymous said...

Love this!! Happy Blogiversary!!