Nov 7, 2011

Guest Blogger: Marching Band Tour by the Dog Walker


I have been playing in the marching band this year at Bingham High School. Well just this week, the marching band and I went on tour to Southern California. I would love to tell you how the tour was by telling about each day we had there.

On November 1st, I said good-bye to my family, and they wished me luck on the tour. I headed out the door with my soccer bag full of things I need, like my drillmasters and band shirt. I went to the school and saw the three travel-buses ready to be loaded. First we did a meeting in the band room before we had to leave. Then we headed to the buses to load up and get ready to go. We were supposed to leave at 9:00 in the evening, but we ended up waiting until 11:30, still at the school, because one of the buses broke down randomly. We were relieved that we got to be on the road, but all we had to do was sleep on the buses.

On November 2nd, we made it to California, and we had been on the buses all night long while the drivers kept driving on and on until we got to Denny’s for breakfast in California. That’s where I thought of some jokes. Their pancakes were flippin’ good and their eggs were crackin’ good. Get it? Anyway, after breakfast, we all got ready to go to the beach. The beach was really sandy when walking on it, but fun when hitting the waves. After a little while, we got ready to head over to our hotel called Radisson Suites.

We swam in their swimming pool and everyone thought I do the best cannonballs ever in the pool. For dinner we went to the coolest restaurant in the world, Medieval Times. The tables worked exactly like you’re eating a feast back at castle times. Then you watch this live horse show in front of you. That’s pretty awesome. Huh? When we were done, we went back to the hotel and went straight to bed, because we had a marching band clinic the next day.


On November 3rd, we woke up and had breakfast at the hotel. Then we put on our band shirts and drillmasters and headed to RCC for our marching band clinic. The RCC stadium was really amazing. In fact, we got to rehearse our performance in front of the RCC staff and let the RCC staff do a lot of adjustments for us to make our performance much better. Then after the clinic, we went to a park to have lunch. That’s when we did another clinic there with only our staff. As a matter of fact, there was a nice looking dome stage in the park. That’s where we did our final adjustments to our performance for the competition on the next two days. Then after the clinic, we went to dinner at a restaurant called Souplantation. I tried something new at Souplantation. I tried that Pecan Pumpkin Cobbler. It was so good; my Mom would want to try that. We went back to RCC to do a review on our performance in front of the RCC student body. Then after our performance, we watched the RCC band’s performance. It was amazing how they did. They had some choir in it. To me, I wish our band had some choir in it. That would be really epic. Anyway, after the review with RCC, we went back to the hotel to get some sleep.




On November 4th, we woke up and got ready for the best day ever. We got to go to Disneyland. That was right on my birthday. I couldn’t believe I got to go to Disneyland on my birthday. My birthday at Disneyland was really amazing. I got to wear a birthday pin, that way lots of workers would wish me a happy birthday. I went on lots of rides in both Disneyland and California Adventure.

For my lunch, I went to Pizza Port at Tomorrowland. It was the best pizza ever at Pizza Port, even though I like Mountain Mike’s also. Anyway, besides riding the rides, I got to meet some Disney mascots, like Donald Duck, Rapunzel off Tangled and Lightning McQueen and Mater.

It was a fun birthday at Disneyland, considering it was my 18th one. It was cool to meet Donald Duck, Rapunzel and Lightning McQueen and Mater. You can see those pictures of my friends and me in them. Have you ever been to Disneyland? If you have, then that’s amazing.

On November 5th, we woke up and got ready to pack up from the hotel and go to Knot’s Berry Farm. The rides at Knot’s Berry Farm weren’t as exciting as Disneyland’s. I got to watch a gun show. I should’ve taken pictures, but I forgot. Anyway, we were done with Knot’s Barry Farm. Then we got ready to do our performance at the RCC Competition with other California bands. The competition was really amazing at RCC. Everyone thought our Sunrise to Sunset performance was really cool. If you would like to see how our performance is, just click on this little video. Anyway, we won in 4th place in the RCC Competition. When we were done, we headed over to the buses to go home.

The whole marching band tour was really cool. I think the best part of the tour was when I had my birthday at Disneyland. Have you ever been in Marching band and have taken a tour? If you have, then you can tell me all about your marching band times.




9 comments:

Marci said...

I wasn't ever in marching band ( my high school didn't have marching band) but I was in the concert. When I was in 10th grade we got to go play on a stage IN Disneyland! We went to this tour during Spring Break so we got to spend a whole week playing at Disneyland and California Adventures!

I'm a little jealous that you got to spend our birthday (we have the same birthday!!!) at Disneyland. That would be such a fun place to be on a birthday.

Kristy @Loveandblasphemy said...

How fun! You'll remember experiences like that forever.

AiringMyLaundry said...

Looks like fun!

My daughter really wants to meet Rapunzel.

Emma Frances said...

What a fun trip! And I love the flippin' pancakes and crackin' eggs jokes! I'm pretty jealous that you got to go to Disneyland!

Jennifer said...

Great post! I loved hearing about your whole trip! And happy late birthday!

Emmy said...

My husband went to Bingham! I was in marching band. I grew up in Illinois and my sophomore year we went yo Washington DC. We got o see the White house, the Lincoln Memorial, holocaust museum and so many other amazing sights. It was a ton of fun

Cindy said...

Great performance! You guys are good!

I wasn't in marching band but was in drill team. Your video brought back memories of half time shows and Saturday parades.

I went to high school in San Diego and the summer before my senior year, we took two buses and drove all the way to Calgary, Canada to perform in the Calgary Stampede. The trip lasted 3 weeks and we had such a great time. I still have wonderful memories from that great trip.

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Fun trip! I'v always wanted to got to Midieval Times, And I love Disneyland and how amazing you got to go on your birthday! Happy 18th!!!

Sara Hammond said...

I loved marching band. We also went to Disneyland and got to play on the stage. I think you guys are better, getting 4th place! Congratulations!