Oct 20, 2024

Saturday Immunizations

Saturday morning dawned bright and clear. My sweetie was up with the sun. Me? Not so much. But by 9:00, I was good to go. We were just waiting for Scout.

It was time to grab some shots.

Granger Medical was doing a drive-thru clinic and Scout, Curly, and Baby Doll all needed COVID and flu shots. My sweetie and I just needed COVID. We went to the first clinic a couple of weeks ago and did flu, but they ran out of the COVID vaccine before it was our turn. It is a sweet way to get it done quickly. That first day we only waited for a couple of cars.

So we piled the kids in my Buick and we hit the road. There were about 25 cars waiting when we got there, so we decided "reward first, shots second" and we drove a couple of blocks to the In-N-Out Burger for an early lunch. I'm an idiot, no pics.

We spent 45 minutes eating and we figured that would give the line time to die down... it was BIGGER!!

So we got in line and prepared to wait. My sweetie wanted to leave, but it is rare to have all 3 kids trapped in my car...

So we waited.



And we told stories. It took me a while to realize that my youngest 3 knew very little about our lives with the oldest kids.

It took us an hour and a half to get everyone through that line!! And it was SO much fun!

After the shots, Scout treated us all to Swig.



Such a good day.

No comments: