Oct 19, 2024

Guest Blogger: Corn Maze 2024 by the Dog Walker

 It's back to another time of year of setting up an outside display for by-passers. As for all these years, I've been doing a corn maze for a long time. A lot of times with new updates of how it goes. This year, I added new blowups that I bought when they were on clearance last year. That's right. The new blow ups are the Sanderson sisters from Hocus Pocus! I thought it would be a perfect addition for the display this year, along with all the classic blowups that I've had for a long time.



I put up the display while listening to General Conference. The first Saturday of October was just getting the corn stalks put up in the yard. The first Sunday was finally putting up the lights and the blowups. I had to make sure that I got the cords in the right places and that they were in working condition. I even had to make sure a few of the poles that were close to the driveway were a few feet away on the grass, just because people need room to get in and out of the cars.






There were even a few things that were added. Like a couple of these sun-sensor Halloween lights that I bought on Temu. For the last couple of weeks, the display has been a big hit on sunny days, but I still had to make sure I covered up some of the cords with plastic containers and duct tape, because we've had some heavy rain with hail. Like I've said before, we have a circuit breaker that was installed years before that is still prone to wet weather.


Now that a lot of things are covered and staked, we had our little pumpkin picking party and added some of them into the display after the grandkids picked theirs. I'm really looking forward to seeing trick-or-treaters coming through the corn maze. I'm also looking forward to another one of my Samy Kind books being published














No comments: