Oct 21, 2024

Making Jelly

On Saturday, my dear friend, Pauline, texted me to see if we wanted to come over and picked the grapes from her tiny vineyard. We were so excited! I love the scent of concord grapes juicing in my kitchen. 

We grabbed some buckets and Baby Doll and I climbed into Curly's truck. He drove the mile or so and we were there in no time. We brought home 4 buckets!!

But we had already planned to pick the green tomatoes, tomatillos, and peppers to make enchilada sauce, so that took precedence.


That equals 19 quarts, just in case you want to know.

I juiced some of the grapes yesterday and more this morning and then I recruited Curly and Baby Doll to help me make jelly.

Curly did most of the stirring.


Baby Doll helped prep jars for sealing. 


I made sure everything got done. We finished 13 batches and then I ran out of pectin.


I am juicing the final batch of grapes while I write this for you, so we will be making a few more batches of jelly tomorrow. 

So grateful to my friend and to God for a bountiful harvest.


No comments: