Oct 9, 2024

Curly Got a Break Today

Some days just start out wrong. I got a text from Curly...


So I picked him up, iced his toe, and fed him a little ibuprofen. Then I loaded him in my car and took him to the Urgent Care.

First, we met up with a nurse who sent him down to Radiology. When we got back to his room, another nurse confirmed the break and told a very sad Curly that he couldn’t play football until he was cleared by the pediatric ortho. Unfortunately, he was only there on Tuesdays and Fridays... today was Tuesday, so I immediately asked if he had anything today. She was sure he was full, but to appease me, she looked anyway.

One appointment!! At 1:00. I glanced at my watch. That was 50 minutes away... She quickly locked in the time, fitted Curly with an orthopedic shoe, and sent us on our way. We had just enough time to grab lunch in the cafeteria.

Dr Provance ws great! He told us that the break was in just the right spot; not too close to the nailbed and not too close to the joint. Then he explained to Curly that textbook required 4 weeks in the ugly shoe.

Unless

He wanted to buy one of these.

Then he prepared a letter stating that as long as Curly had one of these carbon insoles in his cleat, he was cleared to play.

I immediately got on Amazon. I finally found one that said Thursday delivery, but that was the day of the game. I had Curly order it anyway while I drove home.

After I got him iced and elevated, I decided to look harder. I found one that would be here on Wednesday!!

I guess Curly had enough blessings stored up so he could get that break after all. 

I will keep you posted...

No comments: