Jan 4, 2024

Traveling Together - Swimming Together

Sport surprised us by announcing that he had 2-hour Zoom class starting at noon. It was a surprise to him too, so not complaining. BYU offers this free class to returned missionaries looking to jump back into math classes. Six hours total; it should adequately prepare him for Calculus.

Of course, he had our support! So we just hung around the condo, playing games and doing laundry. Scout and I put together a puzzle.


Baby Doll really wanted to go to the Wellness Center and swim, but that would have to wait until 4:00 when the water aerobics class was over.


The pool was not exactly what we were expecting. It was definitely set up for exercise rather than for fun. Still, the kids had a great time racing each other (Crafty won every time).



Even though the water was fairly warm, my choice was the hot tub.



I visited with an older gentleman about Utah and the Church until, with the 8 of us and him in the hot tub, I think we overwhelmed him. He got out and said his goodbyes.

We all got out and headed for the locker room. I was half-dressed when the fire alarm went off. All the kids but Baby Doll headed for the door, and she frantically pleaded for me to hurry, but that didn’t help me pull my pants on any quicker.

We finally made it to the lobby and I sent her outside. I wanted to make sure my sweetie was out. We all climbed into the car just as the firetruck pulled in. 

We still didn't see smoke or flames, but we decided to get out of the way.

Back at the condo, we watched Mission Impossible 4 and taught Crafty and Sport how to play Pinochle.

Another fun (and sorta scary!) day.

No comments: