Jan 13, 2024

Guest Blog: Gramps by Skittles

After Christmas Gramps moved out of Grandma's house.  While Grandma was on vacation we went to see his new home.  We walked all the way around the building looking for his room.  We noticed most of the doors were decorated for Christmas.  Gramps's door was not decorated.  I felt sad he wasn't included.  My mom asked his new friends if they decorated the doors for all holidays or just Christmas.  We started planning a Valentine's Day door for Gramps.  

My mom called all her siblings and asked for photos.  My dad went to the store and bought decorations and picked up the photos when they printed. 

We went over on Thursday, but Gramps was already sleeping when we got there.  So we tried again on Friday, this time closer to dinner. 

When we got there Dad and Carnitas stayed in the dinning room to visit with Gramps and his friends.  Mom, Queso and I went to decorate the door.  We were just getting ready when Burrito showed up from school.  It was a good thing, because Mom needed someone tall.  I kept Queso from escaping while Mom and Burrito got the door covered with a table cloth.  Once the background was on, Queso and I helped stick hearts and photos on the door.  Gramps came to see how we were doing.  He loved it. 

I miss him but I am glad we can visit. 

No comments: