Mar 14, 2023

Twizzie's Blessing Gown

I've been holding out on you a bit, but I just can't wait any longer! So you must have deduced by now that the Dog Walker's first plane ride was a trip to see his sisters in New Jersey.


He has been there for a week and he actually comes home tomorrow. I will let him tell you all about his trip, but I did want you to know that while he was gone, Teach and Twiz decided to do Twizzie's official blessing at the church with the Dog Walker participating.


But this post isn't about that. It's about the dress.


Almost 32 years ago, my mom made this dress for Baby Teach. She was the only other person to wear this dress on her own Blessing Day.


As you can see, Twizzie looks just like Teach and these pics have brought back many beautiful memories.


We had each of our kids dressed in their own unique outfits that they could use for their own little if they choose. Bossy wore the same gown I wore. My mom had a beautiful piece of white satin she used for Drama Queen.


But when I was expecting Teach, the fabric was 
gone and all Mom had left was this cream-colored cotton. I wasn't super excited and I think I hurt her feelings, but as you can see, she made the dress anyway. The dress is beautiful just like she said it would be and it has definitely stood the test of time.


Now if it can just survive the test of Twizzie...

1 comment:

Rockey said...

That's so cool! Just this last weekend I went to a niece's baptism and she wore my wife's wedding dress refitted to her size. That dress had been in a closet for 20 years, but its white satin still looked perfect! Hold on to those precious moments!

~R