Mar 20, 2023

Guest Blog: New Jersey Twizzie's Baby Blessing by The Dog Walker

On Sunday, I went to the stake center where Teach, Drama Queen Twiz, and the kids go for church. It was a fifteen minute drive for them and I think I understand that it was the closest church they go to, just like I mentioned that the Philadelphia temple was the closest temple for them. It was a special day for little Twizzie, because Twiz has asked me to join the circle along with other family members to bless Twizzie. Before I came to New Jersey, they were worried that Twiz's side of the family wouldn't come to Church to support Twizzie's blessing. So it was the best opportunity to go to their church while visiting them and help Twiz with the blessing. Surprisingly, Twiz's side of the family did come for the blessing, especially his parents and relatives. Twizzie was dressed in her mother's baby gown when she had her baby blessing a long time ago, but I'm pretty sure Mom has mentioned that previously. It sure is a wonderful legacy to pass on through family generations. I wonder if it would become a family heirloom to Teach?


Right after Sacrament, we drove another fifteen minutes down to Twiz's parents' house for a luncheon. We had hoagie sandwiches, chips, and desserts. We also visited the relatives at the luncheon for a couple of hours while also trying to keep Twizzie entertained throughout. Not only was it a blessing for me to come to support Twizzie, but it was also a blessing for the family to have Twiz's side come to support. We are all having faith and hope that Twizzie will remember this special event throughout her life and that she will receive many blessings in the future. 
 


No comments: