Mar 18, 2023

Guest Blogger: New Jersey Relaxing and Playing by The Dog Walker

 There have been one of those days while visiting with Drama Queen, Teach, Twiz, and the kids, that it was all just a day to relax and spend time together at the house. Other than Twiz working, Drama Queen, Teach and Twizzie were really fun to hang out with. Teach took me to a gas station called Wawa where they have delicious pies called TastyCakes and they even have their own hoagie restaurant. Their hoagies were so good, they're almost like the sub sandwiches at Subway.


While visiting with them in the afternoon, we had a lot of good talks about how I can still improve my life a bit more, even if I was still grieved over my divorce, I could still find a few mental therapists who would be supportive with my medical insurance. But that's not the only thing that we ever do. 

A lot of times, whenever I'm walking around or sitting in the family room with them, they have their own TV marathon on a competition show called Survivor. It's quite a long show if you ask me. I only partially watched some of it, because a lot of times, I've always been playing with little Twizzie. She's quite a cute and smiley baby. Even after the first day I met her, she began copying and cooing at me. It was one of the most precious moments. I still wish I could become a dad someday, but I've already mentioned that before.


Anyway, one other thing happened on the relaxing day was that Teach made an interesting casserole that she never made before. She had some leftover pepperoni pieces and sausage bits. She added them to some pasta, cheese and tomato sauce. We weren't quite sure what it was called, but it was tasty. I think it should be a new family recipe and it can be called Pizza Casserole. What do you think?


And one last thing that we do every night before bedtime, Teach and the family would do a fun and interesting way of scripture study to teach Twizlet and Twizzler. One night, they watch LDS cartoons, they look at LDS pictures and read the stories about them, and even sing primary songs, only one at a time each night. I sure wish some of the family back in Utah would do something like that as a way of studying the scriptures, but I guess some of them have outgrown those teaching techniques.


And a couple of nights, we played fun card games, like Mantis and Skull King. Those were some of the card games that I never even knew how to play until they taught me a little bit. But card games weren't the only games we played together. Drama Queen showed me a fun video game on her Xbox called Disney Dreamlight Valley. When I first looked at it and saw Drama Queen play, it kind reminded me of Curly and Baby Doll playing Minecraft back home. It was quite a fun video game to play, Drama Queen recommended downloading it on my laptop, but it never worked, because my laptop is an old Mac. I tried to download on Mom's laptop, but it didn't work either. So, Drama Queen told me Scout would help with downloading the game on the Xbox back home in Utah. And maybe on my days off work and after I got my other priorities taken care of, Drama Queen and I could video chat while playing Disney Dreamlight Valley at the same time. It would be fun, I hope. And speaking of fun, they'll be another fun thing to talk about another time, like the Ben Franklin Institute Museum. Keep in touch.

No comments: