Aug 15, 2019

Becoming an Eagle Scout

We did something awesome today! Sport finished up his Eagle Scout project paperwork and we delivered the quilts to Primary Children's Medical Center. Just for good measure, we took the extra quilt that my Girl Scout troop made too so instead of donating 8 quilts like his project required, we donated 9.



It was a long process. Sport was working so hard with his summer school college classes that I had to do all of the bindings which isn't a big deal, just one more thing to worry about.


It never bothered me to walk around with someone in a scout uniform since that was such a common occurrence with the Dog Walker, but Sport felt a little self-conscious about it. After we dropped off the quilts, he had to turn in his paperwork at the County Offices so he can be a Flag Football referee. Rather than change, he left his shirt and sash on. He was quite surprised when we were barely in the door and some ladies hailed him down and were so impressed with the number of badges on his sash.


After we returned to the car, he pulled it off and tossed it in the back seat. He told me he was too hot, but I think maybe he just doesn't really like being the center of attention nearly as much as the Dog Walker did.


All that said, the main project part is done and other than one more merit badge he needs to finish and a little more paperwork including the application, I will have one more Eagle Scout in my little nest.

Now if I could just get Crafty to finish her Gold Award...


1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Congratulations Sport for finishing your Eagle Project. That is big. My son was telling me this week that you can get more easily into schools if you have received your Eagle Scout Award. I loved the photo showing all your merit badges. All three of our boys receive Eagle and a number of our grandsons too.
Way to go and big blessings for you!