Aug 6, 2019

Vacation 2019 - Disneyland

After an entire day at Disneyland, I'm pretty exhausted!  OK, maybe not an ENTIRE day, but pretty close... we got there just after the park opened at 8:00 AM and we left at nearly 11:00 PM. My step counter logged nearly 20,000 steps and my feet hurt, but we had tons of fun.


My job was mostly to watch the babies, but I ended up going on way more rides than I had planned to. Baby Doll was insistent that we spend a little time together, just the two of us on a couple of rides, and eventually that happened with most of the younger kids.


My absolute favorite moment was near the end of the day. Most of the kids had taken off to go to the Matterhorn, so I took Tadpole and we went off in search of the Casey Jr. Train ride we had spotted earlier. He loves trains, but the start of the ride was difficult to find. After about 10 minutes of wandering, we finally asked someone at a food cart and then we finally made it. While we were standing in the relatively short line, suddenly fireworks went off to our left. I expected he might be afraid, but his eyes were big and round and he watched intently, occasionally glancing at me to make sure everything was still ok.


After a moment or two, fireworks began shooting up near the castle to our right. We were caught in the middle of the show that must have been absolutely amazing if we had been on the other side of the castle. Tadpole is only about 18 months old, so he doesn't talk much yet, but he was completely captivated even after we climbed onto the ride and it began to move. The fireworks didn't stop until we were already off the ride and standing near the gate.

We loved Disneyland and all of the craziness! I will just leave you with pics since we are getting ready to head off to our next adventure.

Sport and I were waiting to get off the Dumbo ride when I snapped this pic of Dog Walker.

Puppy Lover, from the Dog Walker's phone

Alone with mom. Baby Doll and I love Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

Baby Doll in the most magical place on earth

Eating lunch in the Golden Horseshoe

Crafty, Sport, Dog Walker

Curly and I on the teacups

Curly and Scout

me and Baby Doll
Baby Doll and Crafty

Tadpole and Puppy Lover on the Teacups

It's a small world for me and my sweetie.

Curly, Pollywog, and The Frog

Princess and The Frog

Princess, Puppy Lover, Curly, and Tadpole


1 comment:

LeAnn said...

It was fun to look at all the pictures. I liked seeing all the sweet smiling faces of your children and grandchildren. We have been to Disneyland 2 times and I don't think I could last as long as you all did.
I am happy that you could have a great trip like this one.
Blessings and hugs!