Nov 21, 2018

Superman

Did I ever tell you that I graduated with my MA degree in Literature from Utah State University in 1988? I had almost not realized that my 30th reunion was this year. Then on Sunday, The Beast dressed up his son in these cute little Superman jammies.


Then he pulled out his phone and showed me this pic that I remember all too well. The Beast wasn't much of a beast then....


It was our 2nd Christmas and he was 10 months old. He and Bossy had both gotten Superman jammies for Christmas morning. Hers have long since disappeared, but his are still holding strong 30 years later. I remember that Bossy wanted him to have a real cape and since his jammies didn't come with one, I made one for him out of felt.

Those were the days...

I was 22 years old, had a husband and 2 kids, finishing my degree, and getting ready to head out into the real world. Who would have known then that my oldest son would have turned out to be a real Superman? Don't believe me? Just see the look in his little guy's eyes...


1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Oh, this is a fun memory post! Loved the photos and the adorable Superman Jammies.
Blessings and hugs for all!