May 28, 2018

The Perfect Celebration

On Saturday night, Beauty and The Beast took my sweetie and me out to dinner. It started as a late Mother's Day dinner since they were both out of town then, but morphed into a Mother's Day, Father's Day, and Special Day for my awesome son! He is finally getting the promotion he has been promised at the bank effective June 1.



This is a big one and we are so proud of him! The restaurant he chose for us (and Little Warrior, of course) was Fleming's Steakhouse in the Gateway. I've never been to such a fancy place before, not even when we were on the East Coast. I thought it might be fun to step outside the box, so I got the special Steak and Lobster tail. I had never eaten lobster other than the lobster roll we had in Maine (delicious!), but honestly, it just wasn't my thing. I convinced my sweetie to give it a try and he wasn't impressed either.


But the steak and the salad were both amazing as was the carrot cake we had for dessert. The carrot cake came with my meal and was accompanied by a small bowl of whipped cream. I have never seen Little Warrior so excited in my life! He was pulling it in with both fists until the bowl was empty.


It was definitely the perfect celebration.

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Wow, I loved that celebration and especially the fun photos of little Warrior. Congratulations to your son for his promotion. I loved how you celebrated it all.
Hugs for all!