Sep 16, 2017

Utah State Fair

It's probably been a decade since I have been to the state fair because I don't know what I was thinking when I decided we needed to go on the final Saturday night.

The three youngest kids had earned free passes, drinks, and carnival rides for their summer reading program, and after looking at the calendar, tonight was the only night it could possibly work. So after the football games were over, we got the older ones settled and we headed out.


We got into the line to park at about 5:00 and by 5:40 we finally had our chance to turn into the parking lot. Thankfully, someone was just pulling out so we got an amazing spot. Our first stop beyond the front gate was the restroom and then the Army booth. The kids always love the Army booth because they are so generous. We walked away with free dog tags, beanies, t-shirts, towels, and a couple of phone-powered fans.


None of the other booths were nearly so fun.


We saw some amazing artwork and lots of animals. The kids all earned their State Fair patch for scouts, we rode the spinning barn ride, and as a last bit of excitement, we ordered tator twirls. They are sort of like potato chips, but cut and fried right in front of us.


Baby Doll treated us all to ice cream at the McDonald's on our way home. It was all fun and fast and a bit crazy, just like the rest of our lives.


1 comment:

LeAnn said...

At some point of time I want to attend the State Fair. It has been decades. It was one of my favorite places to go when I was a teenager. A great place to meet boys in my day.
It did sound fun but a bit crowded I think. I loved the photos and the adventure.
Big hugs for this one!