Sep 20, 2017

Military Appreciation Day at Chick-fil-A

I think I've told you before that Grandpa is a veteran from the Korean War. He was never deployed overseas since the war ended soon after he signed up, but he still loves the association with the Army and is proud of serving his country.



So today he and I went to the South Jordan Chick-fil-A to celebrate Military Appreciation Day. They were so sweet to him! He was given an opportunity to enter a raffle and two passes for us for free meals. They handed me a beautiful long-stemmed rose as a thank you for bringing him.

We ordered our food and Grandpa signed the poster and put a pin on his service area on the map. Then we enjoyed chicken sandwiches, fries, and lemonade all for free. The cow came out to visit with us and an employee graciously took a picture.


They were all just so kind and thankful for his service. It was fun to see him be honored. We even had a couple of minutes to visit with Becky Pickle, the store owner. Thank you, Chick-fil-A.

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I love that Chick-fil-A does these kinds of activities for different kinds of events. I think it is awesome they have a Military Appreciation Day. I love that you took your sweet Grandpa there and had this experience.
Blessings and big hugs for this one!