Sep 7, 2024

Canning Day!!

And I didn’t take a single pic.

We started this morning in the garden. I picked the beans while the Dog Walker and my sweetie picked all but one row of corn.

Then we had a shucking party. We had 3 5-gallon buckets of corn!! I came up with a small colander of beans. Yeah, you guessed it. Two more pints.

The Dog Walker had to go to work, but we put Baby Doll on slicing duty as soon as she got home from school. She took the kernels partially off with the mandoline and I scooped them up and put them in quart-sized freezer bags.

By the time we were finished, we had 11 quarts all labeled for the freezer. I excused Baby Doll and I got to work on the creamed corn. I used a spoon and scraped each cob. Those remnants became 2 quarts of creamed corn.

It has been a decade or more since we had enough corn to preserve any for the winter. So proud of all my great helpers!

And I am happy for 2 more pints of bean.


Next time. I promise to take pictures. 

No comments: