Feb 22, 2024

Traveling as Two - Getting Off the Ship

We had the first debarkation slot. I know this sounds weird, but we had booked a shuttle ride back to the airport where we had a rental waiting for us at Hertz. I sorta wish we had a shuttle all week... the traffic in LA is terrible!!

But I digress...

We couldn't check into our condo in Huntington Beach until 2:00, so we had some time to kill. My sweetie suggested Huntingtom Beach Pier. It was a beautiful day, so we found a parking lot and hiked 3 blocks to the pier.



There was a surfing contest going on and there were tons of people in the water. We watched them for a while before wandering down the pier.


We visited the little shops on our way to the end of the pier where I was surprised at the number of fishermen (yes, the ones we saw were all men).


I asked one guy (not this one, that's my sweetie), what he was fishing for and he said mostly sardines, but they made great bait. He said last week he caught a baby tiger shark, but it bit him so he threw it back...

It was finally time to check into Beso del Sol. It was truly a studio with no living room and a limited kitchen. Since we didn't go to the store, we slipped next door to the King Neptune. It was mostly a bar, but they had a small dining area off to the side. The food was expensive, but pretty good.



My sweetie got the swordfish, but I went for the chicken. When we had eaten our fill and boxed up the rest, we came back to our tiny rooms that felt like our first apartment 40 years ago and we promptly fell asleep.







No comments: