Feb 20, 2024

Traveling as Two - Ensenada

Wednesday dawned bright and early in Mexico. My sweetie wanted to stay on the ship, so I caught up with Princess and The Frog and we took the elevator to Deck 0. My first view of the port included another cruiseship and a barge on beautiful blue waters.

We grabbed a $4 shuttle and took the short drive into Ensenada.


I wanted to buy a few things for the kids at home ..no spoilers, sorry.. and then get back on the ship. There were so many shops! We stopped at some and slipped by others, trying to avoid those desperate for a sale.


When we were finished with our shopping, we slowed for a pic or two and then made our way back to the ship.


After all, it was Valentine’s Day and I wanted to spend it with my sweetie.

We had lunch and then returned to our staterooms. We watched a movie about Whitney Houston's life (it was so sad!) and then it was time for our trip to the kitchen. Wait, let me back up. 

On Tuesday as we were finishing dinner, the maitre d' stops by our table and invites us to visit the kitchen and do a personal sampling of the menu for Wednesday night. Now The Frog has been on many a cruise and his family was never issued such an invitation, so we felt pretty excited to do something new. 

It was just us...

The kitchens were amazing and the food served hot was much better and fresher than on the warming plates at dinner. But it filled us up, so we headed for a karaoke show in the lounge.

I was surprised how good they were. I thought karaoke was supposed to be terrible...

We headed back to the dining room at 7:30. Dinner was good... again...


Yeah. Those are all desserts. Princess says 2 lbs/day for a cruise...

We finished quickly so we could go to the Newlyweds game cruise-style. My sweetie wouldn't let me stand for our 40 years because there was no way he wanted to play, but it turned out that the longest married on the ship were almost 49 years so we were safe anyway.

The show was fun and mostly entertaining, but by the time it was over, I was tired and ready for bed. We said goodnight to the kids and stopped by the deli for our evening turkey sandwich to share before the night was over.

Happy Valentine’s Day!!




No comments: