Oct 1, 2020

Finally an Eagle

It seems like forever since Sport completed that final Board of Review back in December. Then we waited until February for his postcard to arrive from BSA's national council.

Unfortunately, there wasn't time to plan an Eagle Court of Honor before I had surgery on my foot in late February.
Drama Queen designed and printed the invitations for the original Court of Honor with the date of March 29. When they shut down our world, I tossed all but one in the garbage can.

We were determined that wouldn't happen again. So we planned our new event to be outdoors, with social distancing, masks, and fresh air.
Sport did a great job talking about his project! 
I loved watching all the Eagles stand with Sport and repeat their Oath.
Especially my boys.
I was so proud to be standing with Sport and watching while our Bishop presented his Eagle award.
All in all, it was an amazing day.

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I think having a son and or grandson receive an Eagle Scout status is the best ever. I'm so happy that he achieved this. I feel sad that it isn't part of the church program anymore. I always loved that all of my son's and son in laws received this and some grandsons.
It is an impressive achievement.
Blessings and hugs for Sport!