Oct 27, 2019

South Jordan City Pumpkin Carving Contest

I'm not sure if I was clear on this point, but we spent most of this week at a hotel while my sweetie refinished our hardwood floors. They look awesome!!


But this post is about pumpkins and carving them for a contest. You all know that I am a joiner and I like my kids to support the city if they can especially since Sport is an executive for the Youth City Council. So this is the first time the city has had a pumpkin carving contest that the display lasted for a couple of days along with donuts and hot chocolate and movies in the park (I personally boycotted those because it was way too cold!).


So our family checked out 6 pumpkins from the city with the idea that we could carve them and enter them in their "Pumpkin Walk" contest and then when they were finished with them, we could take them home. Since we were hardly home ourselves, we didn't really expect to win anything. Our pumpkins were nice middle-of-road jack-o-lanterns, but nothing special.


My sweetie had the kids mostly carve them outside because the kitchen was still off-limits, so it was a struggle, but a fun struggle. Bossy's family, on the other hand, worked really hard on the Group Design and their Baby Shark do do do do... entry won first place!!


We are so proud of them!

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I do love your floor. I love that Bossy's family won the 1st prize for group. I always enjoy the fact that you join in community activities.
Blessings and hugs!