Oct 7, 2019

Guest Blogger: Corn Maze and Corn Obstacle by the Dog Walker

My Parents Display

I don't have much to say here, but I would like to present to you the corn maze, as you all know, and a new thing that has been added to the family. As you all know that every Halloween, I've been putting up such a corn maze that everybody in the neighborhood really likes to see and possibly go trick-or-treating at the house. With the pictures being captioned, it will help you understand which house is whose in each of them, in case you want to go see both of them.

My Parents Display

I was a little worried, as usual every year, that all other houses were starting to light up with Halloween spectaculars and I was also worried with school, work, and my marriage with Puppy Lover. I just realized that I had the first Saturday and Sunday of October off, because of General Conference and that led me to the chance with my dad to get the front yard ready for me to put up the corn maze. There were a lot of times I had to take a break from it, but I managed to get it all the way done in one day. My dad was proud of me that I could get it done before dark. And my mom was also proud of me to get it done in one day, so that I won't have to worry about having to do it for days while I still have the last semester to take care of and still bring my marriage in first in my life.

My Parents Display

Speaking of which, I spent most of the Sunday at Puppy Lover's parents house. I like to call it home, but I'm not sure about that, because of the semester, it just feels like every day, for the semester, I'm living in between homes. So that I can keep my marriage and education balanced. And Puppy Lover is still trying to understand that my education will help me and her do better with our marriage.

Puppy Lover's Parents Display

Back in the summertime when I was living in Puppy Lover's parents house, I discussed with them about me setting up a Halloween display for their neighborhood. I wanted to plant a garden for them in their yard, but they told me with living in North Salt Lake, the soil wasn't tenderly good enough to plant corn or any other vegetation. So I ended up buying some extra bundles of corn stalks at a Farmer's Market for $5 a bundle.

Puppy Lover's Parents Display

Puppy Lover's parents were so excited to have a Halloween display on their house, since they haven't intended to put up lights for the holidays in years. Puppy Lover's mom was so glad that she had me for a husband who can make an amazing display. I wanted to make a corn maze out of this one, but with not enough stalks or poles, Puppy Lover gave me the idea with raising a strand of lights off the ground, because she was worried about them being stepped on by the trick-or-treaters, I figured instead of a corn maze, it could be called a corn obstacle, just for this year. I'll make sure by next year, I'll have enough poles and stalks to make it into a maze.

Puppy Lover's Parents Display

Anyway, I got it all set up for Puppy Lover's parents' neighborhood, since they have a bunch of kids out there who love to go trick-or-treating. After watching all of General Conference, Puppy Lover's parents got things ready for a special family gathering on Puppy Lover's side of the family. Her sisters' kids were so excited to see the display when they got to the house. I demonstrated to them that, when the kids in the neighborhood come trick-or-treating at the house, they can either try the obstacle, or just skip it and go to the door to get their treats.

My Parents Display
I'm so glad that I've been able to get the Halloween display at both homes set up for the trick-or-treaters this year. I'm hoping that they'll try a walk-through on these displays. Maybe my side of the family would like to see the display at Puppy Lover's parents' house. Maybe they can try trick-or-treating at this house, if they have the chance sometime on Halloween. It would be fun to see them. Enjoy the rest of these pictures.

My Parents Display

My Parents Display

My Parents Display

Puppy Lover's Parents Display

Puppy Lover's Parents Display

Puppy Lover's Parents Display

Puppy Lover's Parents Display

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Wow, Dog Walker, you did a spectacular job at putting up the Corn Maze and Obstacle. The Halloween decorations are fantastic. I will try to drive by and see your parent's home.
You are amazing. I love how hard you are working on going to school and keep your marriage going.
Blessings and hugs for you!