Jun 18, 2019

Last Dance Recital for Crafty and Curly

Last Saturday was an incredibly busy day. We started out with Day Camp for Scout and Baby Doll and we ended up with most of the family coming over for dinner after the dance recital. It was the last dance recital for Curly and Crafty.

The Lower School Recital started at 3:00 and we only had 2 dances this year, Baby Doll's Jazz and Ballet numbers. Next year she will be entirely in the Upper School and all by herself. That is so weird to me. We have had kids dancing for so many years that it is hard to believe that next year she will be the only one.

Her Jazz number started with a small solo for her and she did a fabulous job as usual.

Baby Doll during her Jazz solo, 2nd from right

Her Ballet class was the oldest class in her recital, so they were the final number to close the performance.

Baby Doll's Ballet, far right


Baby Doll had only one number in the Upper School and that was her cute Tap class.

Baby Doll's Tap, Red Jacket, 3rd from left
Curly had two dances, Ballet and Jazz. Gamer is a custodian at Herriman High School, so he was able to film some of them from the balcony (although he missed the last amazing dance for Crafty because I forgot to tell him it was coming up.)




He also danced with mostly the same girls in his Jazz class.

Curly's Jazz Number
Crafty was amazing! She danced with her performing team in two different numbers wearing the green costumes.

Crafty - Performing Team - the highest hand
 She as also in Company Hip Hop.

Crafty - Company Hip Hop, arms out-stretched

Jazz Company 2 (for some reason, I didn't get any pics of this one), and her last great solo. I will have to try to add pics from the actual dance for this one later. My video is not great and I'm hoping Drama Queen might have a few minutes to make it look better before I post it.

Crafty, Ballet Company 2 - 4th from the right

Then entire recital had me weepy and emotional, but I was so proud of my 3 dancers and so many people came up to me afterward to tell me what a fantastic job all them had done. I was never a dancer, but I sure love watching it when my own children are on the stage.

Found one on Facebook - Jazz Company 2, Crafty is 3rd from the right.


Love you guys! Great job!

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I enjoyed looking at all the photos of your children in this recital. There is great joy in watching your own children perform. You kids are blessed to have this opportunity in their lives. Dancing is such a great learning experience in many different ways.
Blessings and hugs for all!