Jan 2, 2019

Happy New Year!


I guess my every other day of posting is over. Thank you for indulging me while I took a mini-break through the holidays. We had so much fun at our New Year's Eve party! The kids played games, ate lots of my sweetie's great chile verde, and instead of the traditional countdown, we watched YouTube videos of various music countdowns which was infinitely more fun, like the top 10 Songs that Make You Cry.

There was plenty of silliness!


Don't ever tell this girl to stick out her tongue in a picture!



I taught Dog Walker, Puppy Lover, and Baby Doll how to play Rook, a card game I used to love as a child. It was fun to play with them and watch them learn to think a little bit differently.


As midnight got closer, my sweetie pulled out the fireworks he had been saving since July and even though it was wicked cold, we all went out on the porch and pulled confetti cannons and watched his aerials. The fireworks flashed red and made everything on the ground look pink!



I'm so glad they lifted the fireworks restrictions so we could enjoy watching them. (I have such a cool camera in my phone!)



We hope you had a Happy New Year too!


1 comment:

Cindy said...

That's amazing how the fireworks turned everything pink! I've heard of Rook but have never played it. Ours was somewhat quiet. Our middle daughter and granddaughter came over so we all blew horns and clinked our glasses of sparkling cider at the stroke of midnight then watched the fireworks at the Space Needle. Happy New Year to you and your family!