Jan 20, 2019

Guest Blogger: Spot the Dog by the Dog Walker

It feels so recently when Mom asked me to guest blog for her. The reason this time is that Teach has left little Twizlet with us to spend the night here. Mom's been trying to get her to sleep, but with no avail. I thought I should talk about one of the stuffed animals that I have collected for my future teaching experience with little kids and children with special needs. When I was a kid, I always liked to watch the movies and read the books of Spot the Dog by Eric Hill. In my whole childhood when I started learning how to read, I was enjoying reading the Spot books with my younger sisters, Princess, Prima Donna, and Crafty.

Image result for Spot the dog
There were those times when I was entered into adolescence, I stopped thinking about Spot the Dog, because I was a bit worried with peer pressure in high school and thought that it was only for little kids. And also, I was so intrigued in earning a high school diploma and an associates degree along with my graduate of excellence award. But as soon as I got a bit more mature with myself and have overcome my depressing and anxious challenges, I started to dwell on the happy moments of my childhood, like Spot the Dog again.
Image result for Spot the dog books
When I first attended UVU and joined in the Education program, Princess and I attended the same class called Children's Literature. I was so excited about that class, because all my life, I always wanted to become both an author and illustrator for children's books. There was a fun assignment that we did in the class. We got to chose the author of children's books and do a report on them. When I mentioned to Baby Doll and Curly about Spot the Dog, Princess thought it sounded interesting to learn about Eric Hill and how his creative stories on Spot the Dog has inspired younger children throughout the world and how Spot become the most lovable dog of all time. I was one of the children throughout the world who loved Spot the Dog.




Overtime, after I got married to Puppy Lover, I discovered a plush stuffed animals of Spot the Dog and made my first order online for it. Although, my mom was worried about me ordering it on Ebay while using my debit card to pay for it online. That was before I ever received a credit card. Ever since, Mom has been helping me collect a lot of stuffed animals from the children's books of different authors and illustrators, I thought that having Spot the Dog would also be fun to have so that mine and Puppy Lover's future children will be able to love Spot the Dog. I still like Spot the Dog at this age and I'm hoping that someday, my future kids will like Spot the Dog too. If you like this post, maybe Mom will let me write another blogpost about another lovable character created by a unique author and illustrator. Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed this story.


1 comment:

Mom of 12 said...

I enjoyed it Dog Walker! Thank you for letting me get Twizlet to sleep although it was after 2:00 AM before she finally settled down. But I'm glad Teach got some sleep and she is feeling better today. It's hard to be sick when you are a teacher and you have a whole class of 4th graders expecting you to feed them nuggets of wisdom all day long.
Love,
Mom