Jun 23, 2014

Mormon Miracle Pageant

I just love the Manti temple!

Did I ever tell you that is where my sweetie and I were sealed? We were married in a church in 1983 and then we went to the temple in 1985 when Bossy was about 8 months old. She was sealed to us, but she wouldn't keep her little hand on top of ours, so finally my mom was called over and she held down her hand until the ordinance was completed. So typically Bossy. She always did want to do things her own way even as a baby. (Love you, Bossy!)

We all went down to see the Mormon Miracle Pageant on Saturday night. We stopped by to see my MIL on the way and finally arrived in Manti around 8:30. The crowd was fairly light for a weekend and we didn't have any trouble finding a good seat. I ran into someone I knew from high school and chatted for a while and then we settled down to wait for it to get dark.

It started getting cooler, and thankfully, the kids all had jackets and we also brought a stack of blankets. I'm sure we were all quite the sight snuggled up together! We loved the performance (as always) and were hesitant to leave. I could never understand those who get up in the last 10 minutes and make their way to their cars just to avoid traffic.

Anyway, my sweetie was a little annoyed, he was more than ready to get on the road, but by the time we all got loaded, the lines were already long. It took us half an hour to leave Manti. Scout was dying to go to the potty, so she and Drama Queen ran across the road to Miller's Drive In while we waited at the corner. Even though we were directed onto the street, we only moved a couple hundred feet and they were still able to reload before we got anywhere. OK, they had to run a little...

We arrived home just after 2:00 AM. It was a late night and we were awfully silly by the time we pulled into the driveway. I had grabbed a local paper in the convenience store and we laughed at the small-town politics all the way home while I read it cover-to-cover to my sweetie to keep him awake.

Sometimes I wonder what life would have been like if we would have stayed "small-town" and my sweetie would have taken over the plumbing business from his dad when he was invited.

 Things sure would have been different! We definitely would have gotten home from the pageant much earlier...

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

What a fun activity; I think maybe I will talk my husband into going to this again. It has been years since we say the pageant.
My husband always struggles with traffic jams after events so I can relate to this one.
Blessings to you all!