Feb 25, 2022

Wanna Be a Writer: Haikus in the Park

Today is my mom's 84th birthday. Even though she has been gone for many years, I still miss her. She was always busy taking care of her 8 children, but she still found time to play with us, even before she discovered video games.

We made up little dances and exercises. We sang and we played cards. One of my favorite activities was making up little verses and rhymes. 

She and Drama Queen have very similar personalities... they both loved a good pun or couplet. 

I thought of her that day in the park when Baby Doll, Scout, and I sat together and watched the boys while we made up 3 silly little Haikus.



Trucks are wandering,

blue skies over sailing ball.

Winter days are gone.


Haikus in the park

more fun than doing homework.

Let's stay here all day.


Words play on paper,

the meaning doesn't matter.

Haiku is the game.


And one more just for your birthday, Mom.


Work all day and night

cooking, cleaning, kids asleep

love unfeigned, my mom


1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I loved the thoughts and little Haikus. It is hard losing a Mom. I think about mine everyday.
This was a lovely post and I enjoyed the photos.
Blessings and hugs!