Sep 21, 2020

Becoming an Eagle

When 2019 ended, so did the relationship between BSA and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Sport was one of many young men who decided to quickly finish his Eagle.

You probably remember his project and making quilts to be donated to Primary Children's Medical Center.
Anyway, we scheduled his Eagle Court of Honor for March 29th. Obviously that didn't happen. 
So we have just been waiting.

Now exactly 6 months later, we have rescheduled and I am scrambling. I finally have all the right patches and badges sewn on the shirt and sash.
But I still have to finish the patch quilt he wants to show.
I'm sure proud of this guy ... so proud I don’t even mind.

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Wow, I love that he finished his Eagle. It is always such hard work, and I admire all those that complete it. I'm sad he had to wait due to the COVID, and I am despondent about the split with the BSA and the church. Although I see some reasons why.
He did get many merit badges, and I think the scouting program was such a good one for learning many skills.
Congratulations to him and you all!