Feb 4, 2020

Mission Letter from Crafty in the Philippines

Hello Folks!

Wow what a week! I don’t have a lot of time to write this, so I’ll keep it short. 

Funny Story: “She’s Blushing!”
So in Tagalog, 
Pangalan: Name 
Panalangin: Prayer
Yesterday I was trying to tell a nanay (mom) she had a beautiful name, but I accidentally said prayer. It was honestly such a rookie mistake and I didn’t even realize at first. The nanay looked so confused and then my companion started laughing so hard. I finally realized my mistake and I was so embarrassed. I was hoping someone would change the topic, but then my companion said, “oh cute, she’s blushing!” They both thought that was so hilarious and “cute” that my face was turning beet red. And of course that made me blush even more. It was so awkward! Apparently it’s fascinating how red a white person’s face can get when they blush. 

MJ GOT BAPTIZED!
Great news! MJ is finally a member! He got baptized this Saturday by his friend. I’m so happy! I literally smiled like a goof the whole day. The change in him has been incredible. Before we started teaching him, he seemed a little sad and shy. But now, he is always smiling and sharing the gospel with others. He is already talking about going on a mission after he graduates. I know that Jesus Christ’s atonement has the power to change lives. There is happiness in living the gospel of Jesus Christ. I have felt it, and I have seen it in MJ and other people we teach. 

“And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it.” -Mosiah 2:41


I love you all! Thank you for your love and support. Please continue to send me emails. Sorry I don’t have a lot of time to respond to them, but I love reading them. You are all amazing and I love you.
-Sister Christensen


No comments: