Mar 24, 2019

Love ColdStone!

Back in August when Curly turned 10, he received a $15 giftcard for ColdStone from one of his friends. He was so excited! For the first 2 weeks after, he hounded me about taking him for ice cream, but we were always busy or at least that is what I told him. I don't think he knew that his cherished giftcard would not be able to treat the entire family to ice cream.

For a while, he asked me about once a month if we could make this little trip; honestly, there is a ColdStone just up the street, but since Christmas, even those requests have stopped. Then a week or so ago I mentioned that this would be the last off-track time for him and for Baby Doll and we should do some fun things, so out popped the card and the requests began again in earnest.

So on our very first official day off, as soon as they finished working at the preschool, we drove straight to ColdStone and got our ice cream. I chipped in about $5 and we all got LoveIt! size sundaes.



The ice cream was awesome, but the thing that made me the happiest was my boy's willingness to share unconditionally with me and with his little sister. Thanks, Curly! You're the best!


2 comments:

Dog-Walker said...

So jealous, but I'm glad you had fun there with Curly and Baby Doll.

LeAnn said...

Coldstone is so yummy! The photos are adorable and tell the tale of this wonderful moment.
Blssings and hugs for you all!