Dec 10, 2018

Body-Positive by Crafty

First let me say that Crafty didn't actually write this post, but she did inspire me to write it so I did want to give her the credit. She had an assignment at school that required her to pick a topic and then teach others about this topic in a life-changing way.

Her initial plans were to teach our girl scout troop about the importance of Body-Positive image and the idea that they need to value themselves regardless of their size or skin color or height or dozens of other things. The media would have us think that we are never good enough, that we can never measure up to their standards, but they are wrong.

So instead of all of our little Brownie scouts coming together on this, since many of them not even thinking about judging people yet, Crafty brought together the girl scout leaders. We were not able to get everyone over, even with her bribe of Hot Chocolate Cupcakes (they were amazing!), but we did manage to get 4 of us and then 3 more of the scouts. Even Puppy Lover joined us for a total of 8.

Practicing Hot Chocolate cupcakes for the Cupcake Club meeting on Thursday.

My favorite part was when Crafty had us write our name in the middle of a piece of paper and then we passed them around and had everyone write on them. I discovered that of my six daughters who were here, each of them filled a special role for me. Like Baby Doll is my Snuggle Buddy, and Teach is my Moral Compass. I need every one of them in my life!


I don't care if they are small or large, tall or short, blond or brunette, I need my people around me. Honestly, these girls are Amazing! Thanks, Crafty, for helping me remember that. #weareamazing!

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Well, you already know that I think you are all fantastic and are so good at helping one another and doing good things. Sending happy and loving thoughts your way for this fun one!