Surprisingly, I chose to write a post for Mom, probably because, she would've asked me to, since she's been super busy with some things that took most of her time away from blogging. Besides, I've been waiting to show you what this year's a-MAZE-ing Halloween corn maze is. That's right. I set up a corn maze for Halloween again and people have been excited to see this one.
There are a lot of old decorative blow-ups and also a lot of new ones. As usual, when listening to general conference, I put up the maze. I was a little short on corn stalks from our garden, but Bossy was happy enough to let me have some of her stalks from her garden. Before I accepted the offer, I asked her if she was doing a corn maze in her yard, but she told me that she was too busy to do one and said that her blow-ups would be enough for her yard.
When it was time to put up the blow-ups, I was surprised of one particular blow-up that Mom ordered for me from Sam's Club for a limited discount deal. It was a blow-up of Jack Skellington from Nightmare Before Christmas on his favorite hill. The reason I was surprised by that is because Mom's not really fond of Tim Burton movies, especially Nightmare Before Christmas, but she still loved me and thought it was a good deal and also thought all the trick-or-treaters would love it. When it came to that, I quickly went to Wal-Mart and bought some other character blow-ups that would complete the display. That's right, there's Jack's girlfriend, Sally, his dog, Zero, and his enemy, Oogie Boogie. Won't Drama Queen be surprised, since she's also a fan of The Nightmare Before Christmas.
I did something totally new and different that wasn't a blow-up. Ever since the Little Miracles people helped with giving our house a makeover last summer and took down the cherry tree that was rotting away, we ended up putting Dad's favorite swing on the big tree in the front yard. It then gave me the idea on how to still pay tribute to Dad. I ended up decorating a fake skeleton sitting on the swing with a bottle of wild cherry Pepsi on the hand. I also added a skeleton dog under the swing. It was just one of those memories that we had with Dad. He would always have a chance to sit on the swing in the backyard and our former dog, Pebbles would go running around interacting with Dad. Mom and everyone else thought I was crazy with that idea, but ever since Dad died, I've always been trying to come up with ways to pay tribute to him and I thought this was the best opportunity for Halloween.
I also thought of adding Glinda and Elphaba from Wicked into the maze, since I know that Baby Doll and Scout are big Wicked fans. And I'm sure there are kids out there who also love Wicked and they like to see them lined up in their matching colors of lights, just like I did with Harry Potter and Voldemort. I also did the same thing with a new blow-up that doesn't stay on the ground but floats in the air. That's right, it's a superhero, the Amazing Spiderman!
Even though the Saturday sessions of general conference were over, I still did the last installing of cords and strands of lights to make it look like a maze. It was a lot of work, but it was worth showing Mom and Baby Doll. On Sunday morning, we had the October birthday party for Baby Doll, Duchess, and Teach's young kids. I'm sure Mom will tell you about that party some time. Anyway, the grandkids had a chance to go through the corn maze and they thought it was cool and a-MAZE-ing as usually. I hope you enjoy it and I also hope when Halloween comes that you can come trick-or-treating and have your own corn maze adventure. Enjoy the rest of the pictures!















No comments:
Post a Comment