Sep 6, 2026

Labor Day Weekend, part 1

Last year's Labor Day weekend was pretty rough, but with Curly getting ready to leave on his mission, I wanted to make this one memorable. On Friday night, Curly, Baby Doll, and I did baptisms at the Jordan River Temple. It was the first time Curly was able to baptize and confirm us.

On Saturday morning, we got up early and Curly drove 6 of us to Ephraim for the new temple open house. It was me, Baby Doll, Scout and her best friend, K, Curly, and his girlfriend. H.

We got there just after 11 and the lines were already long.

We stood in the sun for about 2 hours before we got in. 


The temple was so beautiful; inside and out. 

After that, I let Baby Doll drive us all to Mt.Pleasant. It is the first time she drove a two-lane highway, and she handled it like a champ, even though some people were a little nervous to have her behind the wheel.

I promised the kids we would eat lunch at the Dairy Freeze,  but it also had long lines and it was about an hour before we finally got food.


I love supporting family, but our stop almost made us late for the birthday party Crafty and Craftsman held for their cute little dogs.  I didn’t get any pics except this one H took.

But I love this fun pic Crafty took of her pups a few days ago.

We had grilled chicken and shrimp, brownies, watermelon and mac n cheese. After dinner, the kids played a game while I stitched up several holes in Crafty's new used couch. 

We had stopped at the house and Sport did the driving to Bountiful and back. When we got home, I put my first 2 pints of beans in the canner before I worked on the binding of a quilt while Dog Walker read to me. 

It was a full and fun day...except for the sunburn and sore feet.

No comments: