Jul 14, 2024

Riding in Style

Saturday was hot and long, but full of good memories. My grandma's Aunt Viola had passed away and my sweetie and I were headed to Salina for the funeral.


Salina is 2 hours from here and we got there about 10:30. The viewing was at the funeral home, but the funeral was at the church. Have you ever seen a hearse quite this fancy?


We visited with the family and headed to the church. Two older couples sat behind us and we got to chatting. They were all related to Grandma. They even shared a couple of pictures.



My great grandma is in these pics.

The funeral was beautiful and amazing. We got back on the road and then stopped in Gunnison for a hamburger.


A couple of girls who grew up in our ward were also getting food. It was nice to chat for a few minutes.

The ride home was long and hard on my sweetie. I will tell you the rest of the story tomorrow.

1 comment:

LaurieAlder said...

Can you send me a copy of those pics?