May 20, 2024

Guest Blogger: Scout's Graduation Party by the Dog Walker

 Mom asked me to write a post for her because she's been feeling exhausted not only from her cataract surgery, but for smiling and telling the same story over and over at Scout's graduation party. Speaking of which, we celebrated it a week early, just because we have plans for Memorial Day Weekend.  


The party was quite crowded, with not only relatives, but there were also some of Scout's friends that came over to congratulate her. It was hard to tell of how many really came, but Mom guessed it was sixty people. Anyway, we served tacos and sweet pork burritos to the guests along with nachos, and homemade desserts. Almost everyone told me that they loved the cinnamon chip cookies that I made. Maybe by Christmas, we can the recipe to the updated family cookbook.


Scout really loved the special gift I made. It was a Graduation goblet filled with her favorite fruit snacks, Gushers. Bossy was a little jealous of it since she also gave her a ceramic mug with something that looked like a chocolate truffle ball, but Scout managed to switch the places and they seemed to have similar fittings. 


I was obligated to play Spike Ball with Sport, Curly, and Crafty. Sport was always asking me how I got so good at Spike Ball even though I never play that game very often. I don't know how myself. Maybe it's just instincts or something like that. We played a lot of game rounds, despite the sun shining in our eyes. I ended up getting a set of hats with visors to help us see. Some of the kids even played in the backyard while we were playing Spike ball.


Dad's usually in charge of making sweet pork, but before the party, we had to make the sweet pork and lime rice ourselves, since he has been hospitalized again. 


The party was meant to last from 4;00 to 6;00. After the party, Mom and I went to visit him. We weren't going to stay there for very long, but Dad was feeling quite lonely after his surgery, despite feeling pained and groggy. So we stayed and visited for a couple of hours, until we heard from a nurse saying that he was going to be transferred to another room at another part of the hospital. 


It was a good thing that Mom and I didn't leave before that, because we had to make sure all of Dad's stuff was packed so the staff members didn't have to do a scavenger hunt. He should be able to be released from the hospital by Tuesday.


Mom and I drove home a little later than we planned, probably because of a police invasion on the roads with a possible crime scene. Mom and I at least ended up avoiding it, because she always finds those intense. Anyway we made it home safely. All I have left is to show you the pictures of the party. We're so proud of Scout being able to graduate from high school.








No comments: