Aug 15, 2021

My Little Secret

I'm afraid that I haven't been telling you everything. I know you come to my blog because it is fun and uplifting (at least I hope that is why you come), but I have something I want to tell you that isn't all fun and apricot jam. Remember back in 2017 when I had my back surgery? I ended my hospital stay and then went back hours later with a pulmonary embolism... multiple blood clots in my lungs. It was scary!! But after 6 months of blood thinners, my doc assured me that the clots were gone and I could get back to my regular life. 
Fast forward to May 2021. Grandpa wasn't feeling well, so I took him to the urgent care. My oxygen levels had been unstable all day, so I asked if they could check them. Suddenly, the doc was much more interested in my symptoms than Grandpa's. He strongly suggested a trip to the ER.
After several hours and much poking and prodding, the ER doc confirmed multiple new blood clots in my lungs and suddenly, my new doc was part of the pulmonary hypertension unit at the University of Utah Medical Center. 

More tomorrow...

No comments: