Dec 12, 2019

Young Womanhood Recognition Award for Scout

My poor Dog Walker... I didn't mean to make him feel bad. It's just that by now we are usually showing off his lights and I was trying to explain why we weren't. He did get his final turned in today and you will be happy to know that he has put quite a few lights up for us to enjoy today.

We began the meeting with the some of the girls playing in a quintet.
I'm sorry I have been so busy that I have hardly had time to update, but I promise I will try to get caught up. One thing I didn't want to slide by was Scout's Young Womanhood Recognition Award. It is an award given out by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for service and good works as well as personal progress in many different areas including Faith and Knowledge. Most girls have from the time they turn 12 until they graduate from high school, but because our church is changing the program, Scout only had until the end of this year and if you remember, she is 14.


She has worked hard on earning this all summer and her last of 7 projects was to piece and tie a baby quilt. She had her final interview last Sunday and today she was finally awarded her medallion. I'm sad to see this program go mostly because it is something I worked on as a girl until I was nearly an adult as well. I actually have 2 medallions, one from my youth and one that I earned with Crafty a couple of years ago.

Behind her hand is the quilt she made.
Quick update on Crafty... she left the MTC and arrived in the Philippines over the weekend. We will get to hear from her tomorrow since Thursdays will be her new preparation days.

But I digress...

This is a post about Scout. Awesome job, Scout!
We love you and we are so proud of you.

😍 Mom and Dad💕


1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Congratulations Scout on earning your Young Womanhood Recognition Award. That is an awesome achievement. I'm happy you got it before the program ends. It is a little sad that it will be different. Hugs for Scout!