Oct 29, 2017

Guest Blog: Crazin' for Mazin' by the Dog Walker

As you all can see, it's that time of year again for tricking and treating for Halloween! From all those years of posting about my Corn Maze, I thought you would all like to see how I've done this year! You can all see that I still have the classical blow-ups, (especially the 14 ft ghost) and even some of the Halloween theme colors.

There is one thing I added to the display that's totally different. From my birthday last year, I received six strands of lights that have plastic jalepenios in colors of red, yellow, and green. I wasn't quite sure what holiday it would be to use them. Everyone told me that they would be for Cinco De Mayo. I wasn't quite sure how to decorate for Cinco De Mayo, since there's not much decorations in Utah, except of course Pinatas.

Anyway, I didn't decorate for Cinco De Mayo, because I thought it was enough when we celebrated it on Gamer's birthday when he's always in charge of the Pinatas and Bossy is always in charge of sorting all the candy from them into bags.

Things have always been crazy around the holidays, but everyone around the neighborhood have always been amazed to see how much I've done with the Corn Maze. On those weeks before Halloween, children would always stop by to try going through it. There were lots of those times when Trick-or-treaters have been just going up the sidewalk instead of going through the maze. I guess children have been taught by their parents that it's not polite to walk on people's lawns. But I want to tell the parents out there that at my house, it's an exception.

I remember those times when I put my display up on KSL, but I'm afraid they haven't done that again. I just wish lots of people around Utah would like to come see my display, because I've worked so hard to make it the best one out of everything around.

If you can plan accordingly on it, you can always come right on Halloween evening to trick-or-treat at the house, and please enter the maze, because that's all part of the fun with trick-or-treating in our neighborhood. Remember, the display isn't just made to look at, it's also made to explore the spooky wonders.


 I bet you're all crazin' for some mazin'!

Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Oh my Dog Walker, you do such an amazing job decorating for Halloween and doing a Maze. This is so awesome. I think the new lights are perfect. I will for sure love to come by.
Also, congratulations on our engagement.
Hugs for you two!