Apr 15, 2021

Growing Up

If you have been following my blog for a while, you know that I tended Teach's two little ones from the time they were born while she taught 4th grade (and 5th and 6th). Her little guy, Twizzler, from the previous post, was only 6 months old when the pandemic pulled Teach out of the schoolroom and allowed her to teach online classes with her babies at home.
Twizlet was all mine during the day (except for summers) until she was 3 1/2 years old. She and I had built a strong bond and she always wanted to tell me everything.
Then Teach and Twiz moved their little family to New Jersey; a move that has been an amazing thing for Twizzler's health and for Teach. She is going back to school now and working on her MA. 
But it hasn't been a great thing for me and my relationship with my little granddaughter. She and I have drifted apart and other than a portal call every day or so and a few Marco Polos, I am not nearly as important in her life as I once was. As you can see, she would rather hang out with Baby Doll and Scout. She is a big girl now!
I'm happy for her and the growth she has made over the last 9 months. She is so young, she probably doesn't even remember.
But it is a time in my life that I will never forget.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I babysat my grand daughter for a few years when she was a baby / toddler. I loved it and I have so many pictures and fun memories from that time. Then she started school and began to have friends... now she's 11 and I'm not nearly as cool as I once was. :) It's hard when our families grow up! I hope you're able to find new ways to connect.

LeAnn said...

Adorable photos of these two little one! I'm sad they live so far away, but I have grandchildren that do. When they are a little older, you will find you can development another close relationship with them.
They do go through the stage that Grandma's and or even parents aren't that interesting for a while.
Sending loving thoughts and hugs!