Feb 3, 2019

Scouting Adventures in Science

For Christmas, Princess and The Frog gave each of the younger kids a "Science Kit" full of all kinds of strange and interesting pieces with cards to tell them what to do with each of these things. So I decided to use them to teach my scouts a little about science while having fun at the same time.


As it turned out, the Girl Scouts were on the same page, because they have a badge with mostly the same requirements. We started out with Mentos and Coke, turning them into coke fountains. Then we went inside to do several other activities.


The kids loved having the baking soda and the vinegar blow up a balloon, and the lava lamps with orbies were really cool, but I think the two favorites were the rock candy that began to set up immediately, and the silly putty. We had a great time learning all of the scientific explanations provided by Drama Queen. Then it was time to send the girls home.


I don't normally show you the aftermath of one of our scout meetings, but my sweetie told me it was about time I did, so here you go. And the porch and sidewalk outside looked worse...


1 comment:

LeAnn said...

It does look like some fun time with science experaments. I loved all the photos even the messy ones.
Hugs for all!