First letter from the MTC in Provo:
Week 2 has been so fun, but so tiring. I got to the MTC on Wednesday afternoon. It was kinda sad but it was exciting to finally get here!
Day 1: We just did a welcome meeting and mostly went over rules, procedures and where everything is. It was crazy to see all the people I knew on zoom IRL.
Day 2: Was our first full day. We had a great first class, shout Sister C! Then went and did some baptisms and initatoroy. My comp Elder G baptized me. He is 10 inches shorter and 150 lbs lighter then me so it was hilarious. Even the name recorder guy was laughing. I confirmed him for a guy named I Won-bung. Let's just say it was a struggle to be reverent. Got to see some football boys to which was fun.
Day 3: We had class in the morning and temple in the afternoon. We did sealings which was great! We had a little workshop about self reliance which was good. Having so much fun with the boys at night. I need to get more sleep though.
Day 4: We did temple in the morning. We did an endowment session. I may or may not have slept through half of it. It was really good though. We had afternoon class after, shout out Sister G! After class we played some volleyball with the district. I tore it up.
Day 5: Sunday was so spiritual. We got to do church which was awesome and then we did this thing called Go and Do. We did an hour and a half straight of personal study and I got so much out of it. We then had a devosh with the GOATs president and Sister O! Our district review after was so spiritual and I felt the spirit so strong! Really cool stuff.
Day 6: We had our first full day of classes. It was hard to stay locked in after so long of classes, but I'm learning a ton. Played some more volleyball and had some cool opportunities to do missionary work over the phone to people back at home.
Day 7: It's P-Day!!! We have some service and then we are playing sand volleyball and have a devosh. It should be super hype!
Don't worry the emails will be shorter once I'm in the field.
Spiritual thought:
Be like Sam! I have been reading in the Book of Mormon obviously, and I have been thinking about Nephi's brother Sam. He is so righteous but not over the top. He follows the commandments and the prophet but doesn't do anything crazy. I think Sam is someone in the scriptures we can all look up to because it seems like a realistic goal.
2 Nephi 4: 11
"11 And after he had made an end of speaking unto them, he spake unto Sam, saying: Blessed art thou, and thy seed; for thou shalt inherit the land like unto thy brother Nephi. And thy seed shall be numbered with his seed; and thou shalt be even like unto thy brother, and thy seed like unto his seed; and thou shalt be blessed in all thy days."
-Elder C



No comments:
Post a Comment