It is monsoon season in Utah, but sadly, I can only remember two big storms this summer. We were fortunate to have this one when the boys were with us.
Little Warrior and I were standing on the front porch watching the rain when the water started coming down in sheets. It pooled up in driveways and the gutters were filled.
I asked Little Warrior if he had ever danced in the rain. He looked at me like I was crazy until I told him that his dad had done it many times.
Then he turned and ran down the steps, across the grass and into the warm summer rain.
It only took a bit of urging to get Little Squire to join him.
By then Scout had joined me on the porch. It took about 30 seconds before I started stripping off my shoes and socks. She followed me, dropping our phones and hurrying down the lawn to join the boys and enjoy the rain.
We all got soaked and I won Pooh Sticks before minutes later the rain stopped as quickly as it came, the gutters emptied and life returned to normal.
But that memory joins generations of others; just playing together in the summer rains.




No comments:
Post a Comment